M.U.M's the word...
March 28, 2024, 04:38:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: M.U.M. theme song @ http://www.privatentrance.com/andrew_w.k._-_ready_to_die.mp3

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Propose an Alliance with the MUM.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Propose an Alliance with the MUM.  (Read 1227 times)
Poombah
MIA

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

If you're part of another group and want to propose an alliance with the Malton Urban Militia, then this is the thread to start in.

To be an ally you must be Pro-Survivor, with no history of PKing or Zerging. Supporting the Sacred group policy is also preferred.

Allies will recieve priority revives at MUM rev points and greater forum acess.

Remember people... United we stand. Divided we... Mrh?  Wink

I will respond to applicants as soon as you have been approved as an ally.

Intelligence Officer Poombah
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:04:01 am by Mayor MC Cheese » Report Spam   Logged

Groooovy!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mayor MC Cheese
M.U.M. Founder / Leader (semi-retired)
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:40:49 pm »

Clarification:  Allies are non-members or groups of members who wish to have an understanding of cooperation with the M.U.M. 

So far John Killah of S.T.A.R.S. has joined the forum and is our first registered ally.  Please make him welcome and greet him in-game if you encounter him. 

Now please folks, let's leave this topic clear of chatter so our guests may reply and apply for alliances with us.  Please direct any further questions to myself or Intel Officer Poombah via personal message. 

Thank you,
MMCC

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:38:08 pm by Mayor MC Cheese » Report Spam   Logged
laharl32
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »

I would like to extend a welcoming hand to all members of S.T.A.R.S. and btw. resident evil rocks.
Report Spam   Logged

Mwahahaha zeds beware ive got a flare.
Fred Flange
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 06:09:18 pm »

i lIKE tURTLES!
Report Spam   Logged
Mayor MC Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:42:25 am »

I believe Fred (in his own Random way) is assuring us of his continued alliance with the M.U.M. 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:36:55 pm by Mayor MC Cheese » Report Spam   Logged
Janota
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:54:12 am »

One of my alts is a DEM (specifically, MFU) member. 

I think an alliance would be quite possible and mutually useful; they have very good tactical tools that are forbidden to non-allies, yet their data about Penny Heights isn't particularly up-to-date.

From what I can see, our goals are very compatible indeed.  The closest to a sticking point that I can see is that DEM has a policy against direct revenge (going after the one who PKeyd you).  Not really much of an obstacle if you ask me.

If full DEM alliance is not an option, what about some of their current allies such as, say, Axes High?  It in turn has its own set of, as they call them, Strategic Partners.  Most or even all of them are very much pro-survivor and against PKing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:14:28 pm by Janota » Report Spam   Logged

Mayor MC Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 05:22:06 pm »

My understanding of the DEM is that it is a coalition of survivor groups, as opposed to an actual group itself.  Alliances with other Pro-Survivor factions are desirable, and so far a few have been forged. 

If my understanding of how the DEM functions is correct, then I don't believe the M.U.M. would fit into a coalition structure.  We are a volunteer militia, and as such, I set policy rather than make rules.  This approach to organizing our forces has made other very organized and somewhat strict groups uncomfortable, most notably The Fortress. 

Another of our number has an alt in another group and has forged an alliance with the other group quite simply by using both forum memberships to solicit aid from the M.U.M. for ZAF initiatives. 

What actual group / division of the DEM is your alt with Janota?  Perhaps you could become a "double-agent" in a similar manner. 

I appreciate the suggestion,
MMCC

Report Spam   Logged
Janota
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »

What actual group / division of the DEM is your alt with Janota?  Perhaps you could become a "double-agent" in a similar manner.

I'm the N.R.A.... I mean, I applied to the MFU and am currently under basic training there as well.  But I developed such a taste for scouting that I won't rule out a transferral of some sort, perhaps to the MCI.  Time will tell.

Yes, I agree that whatever management philosophy differences there may be, informal cooperation is probably a good idea.  I'll see to it.

BTW, we're active in north Galbraith Hills at the moment.  If some of you want to pay us a visit, you're welcome.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:34:29 pm by Janota » Report Spam   Logged

sdguo
Ally

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 11:46:23 pm »

Hi MUM, another informal alliance request. Looks like you have a busy day.

My name is sdguo, http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1111736 , I am a bounty hunter with The Saints. Currently, I'm with a group of about 10 vigilantes and hunters in the SE of Malton. We've been kicking PKer butt in the Marven/Tompson area for the last two months, and are now looking to hunt down those PKers that ran away from us. Currently, Red Rum is running around Osmondville/Vineotwn and RRF Gore Corps is in Gulsonside. We were wondering if your group would be willing to share PKer locations with us in Penny Heights. We're particularly interested if you find any pkers sitting in the dark buildings north and south of Lumber Mall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We'd be happy to provide your group with intel on any pkers we find in Penny Heights which we are unable to kill.

Best,
Stephen
Report Spam   Logged
Mayor MC Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 08:17:49 pm »

Hi sdugo. 

We a squad devoted to punishing PKers, led by Flash Jordin.  Drop him a PM, and I'm sure you guys can coordinate your efforts. 

We are not in the practice of claiming bounties, rather we treat PKing as a criminal offense and respond accordingly. 

Welcome to the forum,
MMCC
Report Spam   Logged
sdguo
Ally

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 08:58:24 pm »

Thank you for your help! PM sent.
Report Spam   Logged
Evil Swordy
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »

hey dudes,

hi my name is Evil Swordy i am a Major General in the group Dawn Patrol and one of our highly active members (Kar98) got a thank you from a "mvario" that said he was from here and i have been asked asthe Dp ambassator to seek an Alliance with you fine Dudes...

Dawn Patrol is currently allied with the Saints, Knight Templar, Detulux inc, AZS, and the 151st Brigade... we are a Pro Survivor group currently operating in Wyke Hills and West Grayside with 3 of our members off in Pitneybank doing some Recon.. um we kill Pkers on site [pun  Grin] as well as Gkers and Zergs... we also assist in local revives and try to practice pay it forward... as well as Sacred ground unless a Pker is on site... Especially AmberwavesofPain Tongue...

Some Paperwork on is can be found here

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Dawn_Patrol

and our team forum is here

http://goathammer.forumotion.com/forum.htm

so ya... hope this pans out and i look forward to talking to you agian soon Cheesy

Evil Swordy

« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:19:50 pm by Evil Swordy » Report Spam   Logged
Mayor MC Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 10:14:44 pm »

Hello Evil Swordy. 

Welcome to our forum.  We'll grant you Ally status here and begin a topic for you in our Allies subforum. 

Further discussion of the nature of our alliance would be best performed within that topic, as it is not a public access portion of the forum. 

Look forward to working with you,
MMCC
Report Spam   Logged
Lucy Daniels
Allied Command

LUCY IN THE SKY

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 06:07:04 pm »

Hello there MUM!

I am Lucy Daniels, representing the Fortress.  I'd like to be your ambassador!  Grin  I'm currently also our liaison for Malton College of Medicine, 10 Minutes from Hell, and Garniss Border Patrol.  I only know a little about your organization so far, but you folks seem like a pretty fun bunch!

I believe MUM has already been in contact with the Fortress, so if you would like verification of my identity, feel free to contact our Director of Communications, PrepH.

It's nice to meet y'all.  I'm looking forward to sharing a beer and shooting zeds with you, but hopefully not in that order.  Undecided

Best regards,
Lucy Daniels
Team Anaconda Lieutenant
Report Spam   Logged

hi, i'm Lucy Daniels, your friendly neighborhood Fortress Ambassador!

check out mah wiki.
Mayor MC Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 01:37:21 am »

PrepH vouches for you Lucy.  Welcome to our forum. 

A Fortress topic has been created in our Allies forum.  Please review the staff list for a who's-who around here. 

Look forward to working with you,
MMCC
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum