M.U.M's the word...
March 28, 2024, 05:53:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: M.U.M. theme song @ http://www.privatentrance.com/andrew_w.k._-_ready_to_die.mp3

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Where would you go to survive?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you go to survive?  (Read 1052 times)
LtGonzalez
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »

I know, I was joking too.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Echo over and out.
Demont12
Scout

Evil walks along the Streets, Kill it..

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 08:32:09 pm »

My thought on the hole things i that im probly that poor bastered that will get eaten in some funny way and everyone will laugh as there running away, But realy, my thought on it is get a group of bad ass's that like to hunt and shoot, becasue up in wisonsin thats what we love and have, a bunch of guns, then after i got a bunch of people, fo to a small store, withc we have in my town, thank god i live in a small town. then get a buss, get a bunch of gass, and head out on the road, probly at the same time fixing are bus and getting more veachels, and more people, and just stay on the road, alwase moveing, never stay in one place guys, that will get you killed. then once where all steady, stockpile things on a Hauling Truck. bad thing is that you never might know what will hapen, but its wasy better then staying in one spot and letting the hordes of infected pile up untell they do break in and kill everyone:'( And yes, got the idea from resident Eviel
Report Spam   Logged

+_Echo Squad_+

Enter
Chaos {and}
Hinder
Objectives
Earthsalvation4
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 08:44:15 am »

Only problem is what to do if your vehicles break down or you run out of fuel. Always need a backup plan.
Run and gun can be good though, but if its an apocolypse, then your facing several billion zombies. It would take nothing short of an army to bring them down, you wouldnt find enough supplies otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
A Rabid Dogg
Administrator

Live to the Fullest

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 09:47:13 am »

ES is right, that works until you run out of gas or the cars break down, or you run out of road, or you run out of food in the middle of the desert, or any of those things and more. Remember Murphy's Law. Holding out may not be all that high of hopes, but at least we know where our supplies are and what fortifications we have. Honestly, getting to the middle of nowhere and living off the land would be your best bet, but hunting can be difficult and you must be careful that what you grow doesn't somehow get infected. If you are far enough from civilization I guess those chances are low, but it's still something to consider. besides, growing large amounts of food is difficult, and the more help you have, the more you have to grow because it's all the more you have to feed. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but frankly, I don't think it matters, either way it comes down to survival. The circumstances are the only thing that changes. Besides, unless the out break hits class 3, you may as well hold out, there are far less zombies at a class 2 then at a class 3 and you have a decent chance of survival. If it hits class 4, I hope you have a new place to live.
Report Spam   Logged

MUM Commander-in-Chief 
Demont12
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 12:27:22 am »

There are advantages and disadvantages to both
yes, there is, but if you stay in one spot, thene just let thousands or even millions be outside of your safehouse what the hell do you do next? save a bullet, my guss, thats what id do, just incase. other than that, yea, theres many different senarios that can be put into what would hapen, but if your smart, moveing along the roads, stoping at towns, getting supplies, mabey even a gass hauler. its better thene to let yourself be sitting ducks. mabey stay there for a night, thene keep oveing. but yes, if the vechial dose break down in a dessart, or there are hordes of undead blocking your way, you kind of are a gonner.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 12:30:12 am by Demont12 » Report Spam   Logged

+_Echo Squad_+

Enter
Chaos {and}
Hinder
Objectives
Earthsalvation4
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 02:00:09 pm »

You are mostly a goner wherever you go. Probably the best place would be an island that has cliffs instead of beaches. That would eliminate any chance of zombies waltzing up a beach and enjoying a fresh human. Main problem would obviously be getting there, since most boats would either be infested or already taken. Once you get tehre though, surviving would be very easy if it had fertile land and clean water. As well as that, killing zombies would be unecesarry as they wouldn't make it to the island, but if they did the cliffs would prevent them entering, and if they died bodies would be washed away so they wouldnt be able to make a corpse ladder over the cliffs.
Report Spam   Logged
A Rabid Dogg
Administrator

Live to the Fullest

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 02:06:42 pm »

That's why it depends on the size of the outbreak. If the situation gets resolved, holding out won't have been so bad. On that note, depending where you hold up it could be the best option for a total apocalypse. If you're in the middle of nowhere in the mountains or an island or whatever isolated location, where you can sustain your own food source and survive off the location then staying in one place would definitely be the best in that regard. I guess hermits have us all beat. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

MUM Commander-in-Chief 
Earthsalvation4
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 02:14:37 pm »

Well im screwed where I am. Not really anywhere isolated. Except for a radioactive area (Chernobyl to thank for this), could use that as a trap against some zombies. Other then that I'm kinda screwed here :|
Report Spam   Logged
Demont12
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 02:42:40 pm »

I wounder if the goverment would do anything to stop It, and if they did try and lost, thene what pices of the army would be around, like what would they do? hold out at one of there bases would be my guss, they have the man power and fire power to last. Hell they even have helacopters. if we had one of thows we could get to a safe area without dealing with the infected. thene theres just the problum of landing it.
Report Spam   Logged

+_Echo Squad_+

Enter
Chaos {and}
Hinder
Objectives
BA normal
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »

In the event of a massive outbreak, I would probably head for the nearest mountain.  I would try to convince people to come with me too, a group is much more effective at survival.  Camp up in the snow, and venture down to replenish food, I'm pretty sure that cold, ice and snow would make zombies a lot easier to deal with. Or at the very least, the rocky terrain would slow them down or trip them up, they aren't amoung the most coordinated beings on earth, thats for sure
Report Spam   Logged

Real men never die, even when they are killed
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1701473
Raider King
MIA

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 03:04:42 pm »

i'd probably first get some of my friends then find a car then go to the nearest gun store pack some weapons check on our families go to a supermarket and get some food and other things we would need to survive and then find a base or a ocean liner then find a remote island
Report Spam   Logged
david skaggs
Recruit - Alpha Squad

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 06:45:21 am »

ok, first thing I'd do is get a map and circle all the area's where thereare hospitals.  contrary to popular belief, hospitals are horrible places to hide.  when a person gets infected (before the apocalypse) they go to the hositals.  in a matter of days, the hospitals would becomeover crowded.  once they become zombies, the hospitals would become infested. zombie apocalypse's always start at the hospitals.

once I have a map of all the danger zones I would, of course, find a place that is in the least danger.  Preferably my friends zombie proof bunker.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum